Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Perception projection

Thought struck me today while waiting for the train - I had, as usual, my head buried in a book, and when I looked up to check if the train had arrived I got a strange sensation of disconnection, almost as if seeing the world for the frist time...

It made me wonder: if we spend some much of our day - buried in computer screen, reading, watching tv - in scenarios where we are effectively projecting our perceptions outside of the body, does it affect your perception overall? It seems to me that this phenomenon could give rise to people feeling disconnected to the real world, and unable to experience the world from an internal point of view, rather than the one we are currently absorbed in.

It was an odd thought, and I dont know if it has any merit so would be glad to hear someone elses opinion on it...

No comments: