Monday, August 18, 2008

New project

Decided to sign up to NaNoWriMo, a novel writing competition type thing. Its an interesting idea, and something I've wanted to do for a long time. Basically the idea is to produce a 50K work in one month, November, without editing, rewriting etc., just get the words out.

Should be fun and extremely painful, specially considering thats the month I start my Masters as well. Ah well, they say the best thing to do is pile on the work, helps motivate you to get going at it. also, posting my intention publicly is an added incentive to actually write the damned thing, as terrible embarassment would ensue otherwise...

Thinking of a fantasty type thing, because I have this strange idea that it would be easier than writing a Sci-Fi novel. It will be fun coming up with the ideas and plots anyway. Blogger has very nicely provided me with links to various book writing tools I see... Fun...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: